Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wheat Recipies

It is important to get yourself used to eating wheat products; otherwise, if the time came to live off of your food storage all the wheat would be a shock to your digestive system.


Here are some great recipes I have tried to use my wheat for. I like the pancake recipe because I don't need an expensive wheat grinder to grind my wheat, my blender does it for me. (Even my cheap Wal-Mart blender worked great for this pancake recipe.)



Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes

1 1/2 cups milk (I like to use my powdered milk for this)
1 cup wheat
Blend together in the blender for 3 minutes

After blending add:
3 eggs (I like to use powdered eggs here as well)
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil

Mix in blender.
Cook.
They don't puff up like regular pancakes, but my whole family loves them anyway!


I've had many failed attempts at breadmaker bread. I found this recipe and it has worked great for me! I love using the breadmaker because that is what I have (I didn't want to have to buy an expensive Bosch mixer). Its also just so easy. I throw all the ingredients in (which takes me about 10 minutes) and in 3 hours I have bread.


Whole Wheat Bread in a Breadmaker

Dump in breadmaker:
1 1/8 cups very warm water
1/3 cup honey
1 1/2 TBsp butter, oil or shortening
1 1/2 tsp salt

In a separate bowl mix:
3 cups flour
3 TBsp wheat gluten
1 TBsp dry milk powder
1 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
Once all the dry ingredients have been mixed, dump them into the breadmaker. Set the setting to basic bread (not whole wheat) with a light crust.

No comments: