Monday, October 20, 2008

Spices and Seasonings

Spices and seasonings are a good part of your food storage, even if they are not essential. I really try to cook out of my food storage so I like to have a wide variety of spices and seasonings available. When taco seasoning goes on sale I buy a box full (I use this all the time). I also do the same with spaghetti seasoning. Here is a link I just received with several recipes for making some of your own seasonings. I haven't actually tried any of these yet, but I think its good to have some alternate recipes so you can improvise with your food storage if you need to.

1 comment:

The Schindler Family said...

You are usually a lot cheaper to buy the seasonings in bulk at Sam's Club/ Costco/ WinCo. Most the time even when the individual packages are on sale they are still more expensive for the volume you get.